Senior C Developer (Processing Core) (f/m) in Leipzig
Please apply here on „ITmitte.de“ with the „Apply Now“ link/button at the top right.
Your responsibilities as Senior C Developer
- Develop the packet processing core of our network security product
- Research, evaluate and integrate third-party functionalities
- Empirically measure system performance and identify areas of improvement
- Challenge existing solutions, inspire new ideas and decisions, support existing projects and goals
Qualification as Senior C Developer
- A minimum of 3 years experience with packet processing engines
- Experience with software engineering concepts and Linux-based systems and development using C/C++
- Relevant technical degree or vocational training in computer science or commensurate experience
- A highly analytic and solution focused mindset
- Experience of agile developing environment
- Ability to break epics into tasks and stories, interpret requirements and to influence the product
- Some knowledge of DPDK packet handling and acceleration or similar hands-on experience in both design and implementation
- Experienced in Ethernet-based networking protocols and applications
- Fluency in either English or German
What we offer
- Startup environment where your energy and talents can make a difference
- Very competitive remuneration package and relocation support
- An office located in the center of Leipzig, one of the most vibrant cities in Germany
- Comprehensive job training and education program, such as support attending top conferences
- Friendly working conditions and company activities, e.g., squash
- All the beverages you can drink, of course, including coffee, tea, Club Mate and many more
Interested in joining cognitix?
Brief profile of cognitix GmbH
cognitix is a startup based in Leipzig, Germany, with a novel user‐ and threat‐centric approach to network security and optimization.
After many years of having worked in IT security, the founders of cognitix are focusing on solving the shortcomings of IT security software products currently available on the market. cognitix knows that in the end it’s all about protecting what is valuable to the business.
We know that data networks exist to serve the business and needs to balance areas of risk with their associated costs. We know that humans can be part of the initial problem but also need to be given the appropriate information to be part of the solution. We know that in today’s world and with BYOD there is no longer a clear demarcation between the perimeter and the internal network. We know that it is no longer about detecting and monitoring but rather about analyzing and understanding. We know it is all about protecting the user and their traffic.
We believe that security isn’t about a single magic box but an ecosystem of solutions sharing information and interacting together to provide an integrated comprehensive protection. Above all, we grasp that with the ever changing fast-paced threat landscape any meaningful protection can only be achieved with deep network analytics that does not only protect the perimeter, but also the internal traffic from external threats and internal malicious users.
At cognitix we’re developing the next generation of context aware network security systems. These address real‐world requirements and pains of SMBs and enterprises.
Our solution consists of a platform independent threat detection and protection system. The product that we offer uses inline real‐time correlation and discovers concealed behavior patterns and threats. cognitix’s context aware packet-processing engine is capable of processing tens of millions of packets while performing correlation between all the packets in real‐time and at wire-speed.
We believe that the best threat protection systems require powerful visual reporting that enable network and security administrators to actively understand and analyze all network traffic and events visually.
Spheres of competence
Traineeships and apprenticeships
Please refer to ITmitte.de in your applicationLink to the job advertisement on the website of cognitix GmbH
Publication date: 17-11-2017