Java Developer (f/m) in Leipzig
Please apply here on „ITmitte.de“ with the „Apply Now“ link/button at the top right.
Your responsibilities as Java Developer (f/m)
- Design and maintain a cutting-edge analyzing and reporting platform for our network data security products
- Work in close collaboration with our product management
- Develop a high-performance solution for securing and optimizing computer networks
- Optimize the systems in terms of performance, efficiency and scalability
Your qualifications as Java Developer (f/m)
- Relevant technical degree or vocational training in computer science or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 3 yearsof Java SE development
- Hands-on experience with Elastic search in particular
- Knowledgeable in the design of reporting and stream processing systems
- Solid management, aggregation and cumulation of time series data skills
- Experienced with Spring, JPA, Maven, Git, Clean Code and Design Patterns
- Confident in test driven development and eager to keep the code quality high
- Experience with Agile software engineering concepts
- Ability to break epics into tasks and stories, interpret requirements and to influence the product
- Familiarity with Apache Flume is a strong plus
- Fluency in either English or German
- Start-up environment where your energy and talent can make a difference
- A place to grow and expand your skill set
- Very competetive remuneration package and relocation support
- An office located in the centre of Leipzig, one of the most vibrant cities in Germany
- A truly international team
- Comprehensive job training and education program, such as support attending top conferences
- Friendly working conditions and company activities, e.g. squash
- All the beverages you can drink, including coffea, tea, Club Mate and many more
- All the fresh fruit you can eat
Interested in joining cognitix?
- Send your CV and covering email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cite the role to which you are applying in the subject line
- Call for more information: +49-(0) 341 - 331 870 00
Brief profile of cognitix GmbH
cognitix is a startup based in Leipzig, Germany, with a novel user‐ and threat‐centric approach to network security and optimization.
After many years of having worked in IT security, the founders of cognitix are focusing on solving the shortcomings of IT security software products currently available on the market. cognitix knows that in the end it’s all about protecting what is valuable to the business.
We know that data networks exist to serve the business and needs to balance areas of risk with their associated costs. We know that humans can be part of the initial problem but also need to be given the appropriate information to be part of the solution. We know that in today’s world and with BYOD there is no longer a clear demarcation between the perimeter and the internal network. We know that it is no longer about detecting and monitoring but rather about analyzing and understanding. We know it is all about protecting the user and their traffic.
We believe that security isn’t about a single magic box but an ecosystem of solutions sharing information and interacting together to provide an integrated comprehensive protection. Above all, we grasp that with the ever changing fast-paced threat landscape any meaningful protection can only be achieved with deep network analytics that does not only protect the perimeter, but also the internal traffic from external threats and internal malicious users.
At cognitix we’re developing the next generation of context aware network security systems. These address real‐world requirements and pains of SMBs and enterprises.
Our solution consists of a platform independent threat detection and protection system. The product that we offer uses inline real‐time correlation and discovers concealed behavior patterns and threats. cognitix’s context aware packet-processing engine is capable of processing tens of millions of packets while performing correlation between all the packets in real‐time and at wire-speed.
We believe that the best threat protection systems require powerful visual reporting that enable network and security administrators to actively understand and analyze all network traffic and events visually.
Spheres of competence
Traineeships and apprenticeships
Please refer to ITmitte.de in your applicationLink to the job advertisement on the website of cognitix GmbH
Publication date: 18-01-2018