Product Owner IT Security (f/m) in Leipzig
Please apply here on „ITmitte.de“ with the „Apply Now“ link/button at the top right.
You are the communication facilitator between customers, management and developers to drive forward the product development, -roadmap and -strategy for our products in the field of IT Security.
Your Responsibilities as Technical Product Manager
- Work closely with management and developers to deliver a highly-scalable and robust product
- Investigate the product needs of all stakeholders
- Develop the product in order to reach a maximum usability for our customers
- Evaluate feedback from users to improve the product constantly
- Build consensus for product vision both internally and externally and evangelize that vision within the organization
- Prepare ideas for the development team
- Track and test the product development
- Manage delivery of current product concurrently with future product planning
- Drive new projects and new product feature launches
Qualifications as Technical Product Manager
- A minimum of 3 years experience in the field of IT Security
- Degree in engineering of communication networks, computer science or comparable job experience
- Proven experience of working with technical teams to articulate requirements and translate into technical requirements, supporting the delivery, testing and launch of new products.
- Project coordination experience in an international environment
- Fluency in written and spoken English and preferably in German
- Customer oriented with excellent communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
What we offer
- Start-up environment where your energy and talent can make a difference
- A place to grow and expand your skill set
- Very competetive remuneration package and relocation support
- An office located in the centre of Leipzig, one of the most vibrant cities in Germany
- A truly international team
- Comprehensive job training and education program, such as support attending top conferences
- Friendly working conditions and company activities, e.g. squash
- All the beverages you can drink, including coffea, tea, Club Mate and many more
- All the fresh fruit you can eat
Interested in joining cognitix?
- Send your CV and covering email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cite the role to which you are applying in the subject line
- Call for more information: +49-(0) 341 - 331 870 00
Brief profile of cognitix GmbH
cognitix is a startup based in Leipzig, Germany, with a novel user‐ and threat‐centric approach to network security and optimization.
After many years of having worked in IT security, the founders of cognitix are focusing on solving the shortcomings of IT security software products currently available on the market. cognitix knows that in the end it’s all about protecting what is valuable to the business.
We know that data networks exist to serve the business and needs to balance areas of risk with their associated costs. We know that humans can be part of the initial problem but also need to be given the appropriate information to be part of the solution. We know that in today’s world and with BYOD there is no longer a clear demarcation between the perimeter and the internal network. We know that it is no longer about detecting and monitoring but rather about analyzing and understanding. We know it is all about protecting the user and their traffic.
We believe that security isn’t about a single magic box but an ecosystem of solutions sharing information and interacting together to provide an integrated comprehensive protection. Above all, we grasp that with the ever changing fast-paced threat landscape any meaningful protection can only be achieved with deep network analytics that does not only protect the perimeter, but also the internal traffic from external threats and internal malicious users.
At cognitix we’re developing the next generation of context aware network security systems. These address real‐world requirements and pains of SMBs and enterprises.
Our solution consists of a platform independent threat detection and protection system. The product that we offer uses inline real‐time correlation and discovers concealed behavior patterns and threats. cognitix’s context aware packet-processing engine is capable of processing tens of millions of packets while performing correlation between all the packets in real‐time and at wire-speed.
We believe that the best threat protection systems require powerful visual reporting that enable network and security administrators to actively understand and analyze all network traffic and events visually.
Spheres of competence
Traineeships and apprenticeships
Please refer to ITmitte.de in your applicationLink to the job advertisement on the website of cognitix GmbH
Publication date: 21-06-2018