Data Scientist - Search and Analytics, Data Analysis and Machine Learning (f/m) in Leipzig
Please apply here on „ITmitte.de“ with the „Apply Now“ link/button at the top right.
- You take part in the full product development life-cycle from investigation to the development of novel and scalable prototypes
- You support all phases until the release of the product, interfacing with a wide range of experts in the field
- A minimum of 3 years of developing or research experience on machine learning and data analysis.
- Master in mathematics, statistics, computer science, robotics or machine learning or similar education or strong work experience
- PhD in mathematics, statistics, computer science, robotics or machine learning is a strong plus
- Strong background in classical machine learning (SVM, Regression, K-means etc.) is a must
- Python including its popular machine learning frameworks
- Background in Social Network Analysis is a plus
- Knowledge of Deep Learning is a plus
- Ability to manipulate large-scale structured datasets
- Fluency in either English or German
- Will to transfer research results to a practically running product
- Startup environment where your energy and talents can make a difference
- Very competitive remuneration package and relocation support
- An office located in the center of Leipzig, one of the most vibrant cities in Germany
- Comprehensive job training and education program, such as support attending top conferences
- Friendly working conditions and company activities, e.g., squash
- All the beverages you can drink, of course, including coffee, tea, Club Mate and many more
Interested in joining cognitix?
Brief profile of cognitix GmbH
cognitix is a startup based in Leipzig, Germany, with a novel user‐ and threat‐centric approach to network security and optimization.
After many years of having worked in IT security, the founders of cognitix are focusing on solving the shortcomings of IT security software products currently available on the market. cognitix knows that in the end it’s all about protecting what is valuable to the business.
We know that data networks exist to serve the business and needs to balance areas of risk with their associated costs. We know that humans can be part of the initial problem but also need to be given the appropriate information to be part of the solution. We know that in today’s world and with BYOD there is no longer a clear demarcation between the perimeter and the internal network. We know that it is no longer about detecting and monitoring but rather about analyzing and understanding. We know it is all about protecting the user and their traffic.
We believe that security isn’t about a single magic box but an ecosystem of solutions sharing information and interacting together to provide an integrated comprehensive protection. Above all, we grasp that with the ever changing fast-paced threat landscape any meaningful protection can only be achieved with deep network analytics that does not only protect the perimeter, but also the internal traffic from external threats and internal malicious users.
At cognitix we’re developing the next generation of context aware network security systems. These address real‐world requirements and pains of SMBs and enterprises.
Our solution consists of a platform independent threat detection and protection system. The product that we offer uses inline real‐time correlation and discovers concealed behavior patterns and threats. cognitix’s context aware packet-processing engine is capable of processing tens of millions of packets while performing correlation between all the packets in real‐time and at wire-speed.
We believe that the best threat protection systems require powerful visual reporting that enable network and security administrators to actively understand and analyze all network traffic and events visually.
Spheres of competence
Traineeships and apprenticeships
Please refer to ITmitte.de in your applicationLink to the job advertisement on the website of cognitix GmbH
Publication date: 18-06-2018